FlowMetric's COVID-19 Research Support
While the scientific community has made huge advances in understanding the epidemiology and clinical aspects of COVID-19, there is still more critical research needed, particularly in the areas of vaccine and drug development. High-quality flow cytometry analysis can provide powerful insights across various clinical areas of your SARS-CoV-2 research, and FlowMetric’s team is here to provide expert support to accelerate your research goals.
Our team can provide expertise and support in many areas of SARS-CoV-2 research including:
- Immunophenotyping for the testing of re-purposed and candidate vaccines for SARS-CoV-2 in animal models and human clinical trials. Including the assessment of T-cell memory for enhanced vaccine development.
- Characterization of anti-viral pathways, including the initial key mediators of the initial immune response to SARS-CoV-2 and their downstream signaling pathways towards interferon-mediated mechanisms.
- Cytokine profiling of COVID-19 patients and disease model systems.
- Complex tSNE analysis of inflammatory profiling and changing T-cell, B-cell, NK, dendritic, myeloid, and monocyte profiling of patients. Providing critical insights into the role of innate and adapted immune responses to the virus.
- Drug development and target-binding studies, including receptor binding and profiling of receptor expression on immune cells.
- Serological testing for SARS-CoV-2 exposure
We bring experience and expertise in many areas of SARS-CoV-2 research areas, with a proven track record in providing innovative research solutions.
FlowMetric has over 10 years of experience in immunophenotyping and immune system monitoring using flow cytometry. Our team can support your research by designing and validating flow cytometry panels to analyze up to 20 parameters of immune responses. Critical experimental design, upfront, can ensure you get the most out of your clinical samples from measuring antigen-specific T-cell and B-cell responses, MHC-tetramers, to monitoring the establishment of T-cell memory.
Anti-Viral Drug Development
There are now many ongoing diverse initiatives in anti-SARS-CoV-2 drug development. Flow cytometry can provide unprecedented insights into drug safety and efficacy by using Cytopathic Effect Inhibition Assays to examine IFN bioactivities; Antibody Dependent Enhancement Assays to examine the effect of lead compounds on virus Fc receptor bearing cells, and LNS-flow FISH to multiplex the detection of virus and host RNA within clinical samples.
Carefully designed flow cytometry panels can provide comprehensive insights into the activity of innate immune modulators, and their effect on intracellular cytokine profiling, linage markers and downstream -activation of anti-viral pathways using phospho-flow.
Clinical Sample Assessment and COVID-19 Patient Profiling
The characterization of cytokine profiles in response to immunomodulators is central to understanding disease pathogenesis.
Flowmetric’s expertise in intracellular and released cytokine measurement can help profile and track T-plasticity within your clinical samples, as well as provide rapid patient stratification and help identify those most at risk of cytokine storm. Whether your research requires qualitative or quantitative read-outs, FlowMetric can provide fit-for-purpose solutions for cytokine detection and measurement.
The FlowMetric team is here to support your many diverse SARS-CoV-2 research programs, call us to discuss your needs with our team.