Flow Cytometry Assay Development Specialist
This scientist is responsible for performing the qualification of flow cytometry protocols, the development and validation of flow cytometry assays, operation of flow cytometers (BD) while complying with and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) & Good Clinical Practices (GCP) requirements, as applicable.
- Prepare stock and working solutions and QC samples and contribute to efficient laboratory operations.
- Function as a scientific resource, including training, assisting in troubleshooting, and participating in scientific initiatives, support efficient method development and validations to the desired standards and within tight timelines.
- Perform routine sample analysis and method validation experiments
- Develop flow cytometry methods under the guidance of Laboratory Manager with input from senior scientific staff to support the establishment of regulated, fit-for-purpose or discovery projects.
- Document all project work according to FlowMetric processes and procedures.
- Regularly communicate progress and status to the Management as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable in chemistry, biology and/or immunology coupled with expertise in multiparameter flow cytometry techniques.
- Ability to perform accurate and precise processing of biological samples, and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures within a clinical, GCP/GLP lab.
- Highly experienced in all routine laboratory procedures.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, (Word, PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheet design and validations).
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Experience in method/assay development with a sound scientific background, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to follow written and oral scientific directions, and work well both independently and with others.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically solving method development challenges.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Biological Sciences or a related field with 2-5 years’ experience in flow cytometry method development. Two years’ experience as a certified MLS with Flow Cytometry experience would be desired.
FlowMetric, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package (including stock options), an excellent benefits package (including health and dental), 401k, and fosters a growth-oriented work environment. Relocation is not provided for this position.
Doylestown, PA - Location
Email resumes to: FMjobs@flowmetric.com
3805 Old Easton Road
Doylestown, PA 18902