Why work at FlowMetric?
FlowMetric is what you get when you combine the best aspects of a large corporation with that of a start-up. We offer our most precious assets, our employees, a fantastic benefits package, training and a work-life balance that is hard to find.
At FlowMetric you will find a culture that is supportive, diverse, team-oriented and entrepreneurial. We expect the best from our employees and in turn will provide you with an environment where you can thrive and succeed.
Senior Project Manager
FlowMetric, Inc. – Doylestown, PA
FlowMetric, Inc. is a nimble and highly-responsive contract research organization (CRO) that provides leading edge flow cytometry techniques, analyses and cell sorting services that combine proprietary assays with advanced analytics to support all stages of drug development for pharmaceutical, biotech companies, research institutions and hospitals. FlowMetric provides a global reach, an experienced and dedicated team, an unparalleled track record, and an integrated, cost-effective, and specialized methodology to flow cytometry services in both preclinical and clinical development phases. FlowMetric provides services that are independent, unbiased, comprehensive, and precise and are delivered with an uncompromising commitment to quality.
We are seeking a highly-motivated laboratory-based Senior Project Manager to provide customer-focused leadership in managing flow cytometry based assay development and execution across various research or clinical phases and functional areas. You will be accountable for the successful execution of all assigned projects, where success includes on-time, on-budget, and high quality/compliant project results that lead to satisfied customers. You will act as an integral part of the selling team through involvement in proposal development and serve as the primary liaison with Customers, Vendors, and Investigator Sites. In addition, you may have line management responsibility for assigned junior level scientists. You will manage projects from proposal development to final deliverables to the customer. Projects will range in size and complexity from single service studies to full scope, multiple protocol projects, which may be global, with limited interaction from a supervisor.
1. Project Leadership with a minimum 60% bench work – Acts as a primary liaison between the Company and the Customer to ensure study launch, conduct, and closeout according to the Customer’s and the Company’s contractual agreement. Ensures the study is progressing according to internal and Customer quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines to fulfill all federal and local regulations. Serves as the team leader by overseeing the project team. Acts as a liaison and facilitator between other operation departments within the Company for project related tasks. Plans and projects resources required across all areas of the study. Manages the executed contract and financial aspects of assigned projects, including reviewing study budgets and expenses. Alerts Finance on the need for customer invoicing. Develops and maintains project plans for the study in accordance with SOPs. Independently prepares information for internal review meetings. Presents prepared information at Customer project review meetings. Ensures completion of accurate project documentation, including interim reports, statistics and final report. Assists in the negotiation and contracting process as necessary with Finance for outside vendors.
2. Reporting – Maintains and evaluates project progress by maintaining timelines and other tracking/analysis tools. Produces and distributes status, resourcing, and tracking reports, and functional area plans to appropriate team members and senior management.
3. Communication – Maintains effective communication with the Customer and project team through oral and written correspondence, project status reports, monthly progress reports and Customer presentations. Attends staff meetings, project team meetings, and training sessions as recommended.
4. Business Development – Develops strong relationships with current clients to generate new and/or add-on business for the future. Partners with the Business Development department to highlight scientific capabilities as well as project management responsibilities at initial Customer meetings.
5. Knowledge/Training – Demonstrates current working knowledge of flow cytometric methods and the therapeutic environment and develops knowledge of drug development trends. Facilitates team training in accordance with protocol and/or project requirements: including therapeutic, protocol specific, and process training. Proficiency in sterile cell culture techniques is required.
May represent company at professional meetings or seminars. Performs other work related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (up to 20%) domestic and international.
M.S. or B.S. in Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or equivalent; Minimum of 8 years of experience implementing flow cytometry laboratory assays and analysis in a contract research organization, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology company. 3-5 years of experience in the utilization of animal models to evaluate drug candidates is recommended. Previous technical and managerial experience in conducting multi-national and/or local clinical trials in a hospital setting, pharmaceutical company, or CRO preferred. Thorough knowledge of immunology, oncology and drug development is required. Demonstrated proficiency with GLP/ ICH/GCP guidelines is necessary. Keen insight, independent judgment, and tactful discretion required. Presentation, documentation, interpersonal skills as well as competence with a team-oriented approach are important. Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite and experience using Flow Cytometric analysis tools such as DIVA and FlowJo is required. A successful candidate will have flexibility and the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines, while delivering high quality work in a dynamic environment.
FlowMetric, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package (including stock options), an excellent benefits package (including health and dental) and fosters a growth-oriented work environment. Relocation is not provided for this position.
Please send resume to: Human Resources, FlowMetric, Inc., 3805 Old Easton Road, Doylestown, PA 18902 or e-mail resumes to EGiles@flowmetric.com.